Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Oops!

In giving the information for the challenge, I see that I didn't actually complete all the requirements for the second challenge.  I had explored Ms. Harrison's blog (here) and commented on the fact that we both enjoy mysteries.  She has been reading the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear about a woman in Britain after WWII.  They are well written and give a good glimpse of a country that has been at war and is trying to return to "normal" when people are wounded by actions of war and the economy is not especially strong.

I have been reading mysteries by a new to me author called Julie A. Hyzy.  She does a series about a woman who is a chef at the White House.  I like it because of the stories of preparing food that is intricately prepped and served.  She includes recipes, but I haven't gotten around to any of them.  Ms. Hyzy also wrote a couple books about Grace Wheaton, (Grace Under Pressure and Grace Interrupted) about a woman who returns home to become the curator at a local mansion.  Hyzy's writing style is fun and light and made for perfect summer reading.  It would be a great "beach read" if I weren't married to a redhead who burns too much to go to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment